Lorraine and her team specialise in supporting providers of Health, Residential and Community Care in Australia. Lorraine originally trained as a Registered Nurse and has post graduate qualifications in Health Service Management and Adult Education. Her past roles include Chief Executive Officer of the Aged Care Channel and Director of Aged and Community Care for a large multi-purpose organisation.
Lorraine is considered an expert in the area of auditing quality systems, having been a former ACHS surveyor, qualified aged care assessor and the subject matter expert for the training of the sector and Quality Reviewers in the Community Care Common Standards. Her most recent work has involved preparing the sector for Consumer Directed Care, deregulation of the Home Care market and the Certification of Case Managers.
Lorraine is passionate about encouraging change within the sector and this is recognised by her invitation to speak and facilitate at many state, national and international conferences and forums.
Current positions held include:
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Australian Association of Gerontology NSW
- Department of Social Services Advisory Panel Member – Administrator and Nurse Advisor
- Board member of the NSW Medical Council and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Medical) – Minister of Health Nominee
- Council member of the Uniting Care Ageing (Sydney Region)
- Board Member Australian Vietnamese Aged Care Services
- Board Member Aman Care
- Director KythCare
- Approved Facilitator for the Aged Care Quality Agency
- Corporate Partner and Fellow – Case Management Society of Australia
- Justice of the Peace
- Board Member Aged and Community Services NSW
- Chair Community Care Advisory Committee ACS NSW
- Deputy Chair MacKillop Aged Care
- CEO Aged Care Channel
- Director of Aged Care St. Luke’s Care
- Director of Community Care St. Luke’s Care
- Quality Surveyor ACHS
She has worked in health and aged care for over 20 years and is well known for her passion and commitment to the industry.
Depending on identified needs, Lorraine has a team of dedicated professionals who are able to support organisations by providing tailored services in a timely and responsive manner.
Lorraine Poulos & Associates would like to express our recognition of the contribution made to our success by our talented group of professional associates.
Dr. Andrew Fleming
Clinical Care expertise and dementia consultant
Quality Improvement projects, specialising in person centred care and pastoral care projects
Education program analysis and feedback
Tender writing assistance and critiquing
Maddocks partner specialising in providing
legal advice to the health, retirement and
aged care sectors
Advice and support for building projects
Health administration expert providing support in policy and tender writing projects
Architect specialising in aged care developments
and building needs
Expert media advice. Assistance with tender writing and policy and procedure reviews.
Organisational capability reviews and strategic advice to ensure sustainability
Human Resource Specialist- Nick has worked closely with a number of aged care providers and is able to assist with a variety of projects relating to human resources
Business Analysis- Sophia has worked for IBM for a number of years and brings all her talents and expertise to assist providers in having a more ‘business like’ approach in day to day operations