Quality and Clinical Care in the Home Seminar 5th December 2019 Sydney
The Royal Commission into Aged Care has highlighted the need for robust clinical governance in home care. This is as a result of reports about lack of systems to identify health changes; poor training of staff and an increase in the acuity levels of consumers on higher level Home Care Packages.
At Lorraine Poulos and Associates we are very excited about our Quality & Clinical Care in the Home Seminar Thursday 5th December Sydney. At this event we will have Lucille Scomazzon Senior Partner Maddocks presenting on the outcomes for home care with the Royal Commission. There will be a presentation by a Nurse Practitioner and of course lots of resources to take back to the workplace.
Lorraine has a strong record in the area of clinical care having been a Health Minister member of the NSW Medical Board/Council for nine years and is a Registered Nurse. She will provide interactive facilitation on the day to ensure you get just what you need from the seminar.
Topics covered on the day will include:
1. Scope of practice for care staff and non clinical care managers
2. Medication management – how to implement this safely
3. Clinical Governance- making it real
4. Lessons from the Royal Commission
5. High prevalence risks in the home care setting
6. Tips for meeting the Aged Care Quality Standards- resources and feedback from providers on recent audits