Our new publication A Practical Handbook for Basic Clinical Care Tasks in the Home is a handy, A5-sized reference guide for the clinical care of consumers living at home. This new handbook was developed by popular demand in response the overwhelming success of our red book: A Practical Handbook for Basic Clinical Care in the Home that has sold around 15,000 copies Australia-wide.
Ideal for Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Case Workers, Coordinators, Allied health professionals, consumers/clients and primary caregivers, this simple handbook provides handy, pragmatic guidance to the day-to-day fundamentals of relevant aspect of clinical care tasks. In an easy-to-follow format, it enables users to recognise and respond quickly when a client’s condition changes within a wellness framework.
This Handbook empowers clients to actively manage and participate in decision-making and express their needs and preferences about their clinical care and activities of daily living and activities related to independent living. It also enables Care Workers to undertake simple clinical care tasks and know when to contact others for assistance. This Handbook enables clinicians to assess and evaluate care needs based on the person’s ability to care for themselves.
Designed for quick, easy lookup this Handbook includes the following features:
- A comprehensive list of 18 essential clinical care and daily care tasks typical in-home care settings
- Referral out form template
- Guidance on Scope of Practice for Service Providers
- ISBAR Guide – Standardised format for succinct communications about a client’s condition
- S.O.A.P Guide on documentation
- Examples of useful Assessment Tools used in Australian Home Care settings
- Sample Competency – Oral Medication Assessment
- Workforce Checklist to ensure the workforce providing care meet the requirements
- Flow Chart for Clinical Care
The Handbook is authored Lorraine Poulos, RN, FCMSA and Catherine Brown RN, Nurse Practitioner and based on their vast knowledge and experience of providing advice and consultancy to thousands of home care service providers.